The mission is the loftiest aspiration of our school district.
The mission of Crete Public Schools, a diverse community of engaged individuals committed to the success of all, is to ensure learners have the character, knowledge, and skills to be respectful and productive members of a global society. Crete Public Schools will cultivate a culture where all are challenged, empowered, and supported to reach their maximum potential.
CPS belief statements are an expression of the fundamental values, ethical codes, overriding convictions, and principles for the District.
- Education is the collaborative effort of the family, school, and the community.
- Students, family, school, and community partnerships are built through meaningful relationships and active communication.
- Effective leadership, a positive learning climate, and competent and caring teachers are pivotal for learning.
- Quality curriculum and instruction reflect research-based best practices and developing technologies.
- Quality teaching and learning focuses on the development of creative thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills necessary for a changing world.
- Schools support diversity by providing opportunities that meet unique needs and empower individuals to achieve their fullest potential.
- Education prepares individuals academically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and physically for a successful future.