Title I Parent-Student-Teacher Learning Compact
This Title I School-Parent Compact has been jointly developed with parents and outlines how parents, the entire school staff and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the state’s high academic standards.
At the annual parent-teacher conferences, the compact shall be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
It is important that students achieve. I agree to do the following:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment to enable children to meet the challenging state academic standards.
- Regularly communicate with parents on their child’s progress.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude.
- Provide a safe, positive and healthy learning environment for your child.
I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- Communicate and work with teachers and school staff on an ongoing basis to be involved and support my child’s learning.
- Support my child’s learning-volunteer in their classroom; participate, as appropriate, in decisions related to their education; guide positive use of extracurricular time.
I know my education is important to me. It is important that I work to the best of my ability. I agree to do the following:
- Be at school every day and on time unless I am sick.
- Come to school each day prepared and with a positive attitude to learn.
- Be responsible for my own behavior.
- Respect and cooperate with other students and adults.