Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy
Crete Elementary intends to follow the Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy guidelines in accordance with federal law, Section 1116(a-f) ESSA, (Every Student Succeeds Act) of 2015.
Policy in general
Crete Elementary shall jointly develop with, and distribute to, parents and family members of participating children a written parent and family engagement policy, agreed on by such parents, that shall describe the means for carrying out the requirements. Parents shall be notified of the policy in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, provided in a language the parents can understand. The policy shall be made available to the local community and updated to meet the changing needs of parents and the school.
- Crete Elementary shall provide opportunities for the participation of parents and family members including those with migratory children, limited English proficiency or disabilities. Parent shall be notified of this Parent and Family Engagement Policy, information related to school and parent programs, meetings and other activities in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, provided in a language the parents can understand.
- Crete Elementary shall convene an annual parent meeting scheduled at a convenient time, to which all parents of participating children shall be invited and encouraged to attend, to inform parents of Crete Elementary’s participation under this part and to explain the requirements of this part and the right of the parents to be involved.
- Crete Elementary shall involve parents, in an organized, ongoing and timely way, in the planning, review and improvement of this Parent and Family Engagement Policy.
- Crete Elementary shall provide opportunities for parents and family members to participate in decisions relating to the education of their children. Crete Elementary shall provide other reasonable support for parental involvement activities.
- Crete Elementary shall provide parents of participating children timely information about programs under this part, a description and explanation of the curriculum in use, the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress and the achievement levels of the challenging state academic standards. Crete Elementary will provide assistance, opportunities and/or materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve their children’s academic achievement in a format and, when feasible, in a language the parents and family members can understand.
- Crete Elementary shall educate teachers, specialized instructional support personnel, principals and other school leaders, with the assistance of parents, in the value and utility of contributions of parents, how to reach out to, communicate with and work with parents as equal partners.
- Crete Elementary shall coordinate and integrate parental involvement programs and activities with other federal, state and local programs, including preschool programs that encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children.